Top Ten 80′s Toys
By Staff · July 27, 2008
10. Transformers: Where is the killer remake of the My Little Ponies movie?
9. Cabbage Patch Dolls, Strawberry Shortcake, and California Raisins: Confusing the lines between things you take care of and things you eat.
8. My Buddy: It wasn’t a coincidence that the kids who had this toy had no other friends…
7. Legos: Its hard to finish the Medieval castle without all the pieces your dog ate.
6. Your Sister’s Barbie Corvette: Hey, your parents never got you the Batmobile. How else is Batman gonna get around and fight crime?
5. Light Brite: Now when you step on your kid’s Dora the Explorer toys, you remember how often you used to step on those damn little pegs that got lost in the carpet.
4. Silly Putty: You were the most popular kid in school when you were able to transfer the underwear models from the Sear’s catalog onto your Silly Putty.
3. Etch-a-sketch: How else were we to train an entire generation of computer renderers to sit down and concentrate for hours at a time, just to have all their work destroyed by a slip of the hand.
2. Easy Bake Oven: With grocery bills so expensive these days, the lightbulb baking is starting to look like a good idea.
1. Thunder Cats: The first pussy you ever got.